Saturday, October 27, 2018

Drumming



Monday afternoons I have "Djembe" improvisational lessons with Jordan Scotney.  These sessions have become incredibly inspiring. Jordan is not only a good teacher, musician... but he has a way of "copying" my body/hand movements and then teaching me something that works, for both of us.  This kind of teaching method puts my body at ease, to be comfortable with what I am doing, and enjoy the journey whatever that is.  Feeling the rhythm, memorising the beat and coming to every sense, every realisation and that for every movement I do or create, there is a unique and positive outcome.  I hear the slowness in my "bounce" and I feel the response swell inside me, then it releases with a wonderful new energy that spurs me, to repeat the pattern or patterns. When ever I choose tracks for dance - it is always I go for the ones with more drums.  

No comments:

Post a Comment