Thursday, September 28, 2017

Spasmotive 5—sound recording with Mark Lang

Friday 22 September
@ Mel's, Mooroolbark


Sound…

Today, I work with Mark and play with my natural speech while Mark plays with his sound recordings. Using my natural speech is the most challenging thing I do - finding words and figuring out how to bring them to my mouth, and to say them how my brain thinks... Oh my.......

Dianne had given me great advice when I came to writing these words - "Take your work "writing" to another place for a day i.e. cafe or local library and think/reflect on the senses, i.e. sight, hear, smell, taste, touch..."


Breath becomes rhythm, heart beat, movement inside, drumming, cells sing, rocking gently, whispering, paper tearing, jaw click, teeth bump together, gas heater roars, air blowing, doors open, heavy boots stump pass. Hair brushes pass hearing aid, fingers scrape, tongue and saliva sound, chalk on board, cough, air pushing, feet clench, relax sigh, giggle pop, water falls, splashes, straw drops in the bottle, hands grasping rope, fingers knock each other, spasm burst “warning” sound

No comments:

Post a Comment